All of the software we sell is guaranteed to be authentic. We at SoftwareCW stand behind all of our Software 100%.
The new Windows 8 start screen is your personalized home for items you use the most and can be customized according to your user preferences. Windows 8 Live tiles provide real-time updates from your Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail accounts. Along with the new Start screen, the lock screen now includes e-mail, calendar, and clock widgets.
To access your PC, Microsoft has replaced a standard PIN or password with a swipe gesture; unlock your PC by clicking or swiping preset locations you’ve selected on the lock screen. New functions also allow you to search for your favorite software programs, open, close, hide, resize, or run multiple apps simultaneously with the swipe of a finger or a swipe of the mouse.
Windows has also made changes to make your PC more secure by boosting its existing security features and adding "SmartScreen," which acts to prevent suspicious programs or apps from being installed or running on your machine. Finally, Windows 8 also gives you the ability to "refresh" itself to give users a new starting point and a cleaner version of Windows.
You can upgrade to Windows 8 from Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8 Release Preview, Windows 8 Consumer Preview, or Windows Developer Preview, but you might not be able to keep all of your files, software programs, and settings. The following table shows what you can keep during an upgrade, depending on the current version of Windows you are running. If you choose to boot from removable media, you won’t be able to keep your software programs, Windows settings, or personal files when you upgrade.
|Upgrading from:||What you can keep:|
|Windows 8 Preview||Personal files|
|Windows 8 Developer Preview||Nothing, but your old files will be saved in the "windows.old" folder|
|Windows 7||Software programs; Windows settings; personal files|
|Windows Vista||Windows settings; personal files|
|Windows XP||Personal files|
- 1 GHz processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 20 GB available hard disk space
- 1366 × 768 screen resolution
- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver
Additional Requirements to Use Certain Features
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- For touchscreen, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multi-touch
- Microsoft account required for some features
- Watching DVDs requires separate playback software
- Windows Media Center license sold separately
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
Can I upgrade from a Windows operating system older than Windows XP?
If you want to upgrade from an earlier Windows operating system than Windows XP (for example, Windows 95 or Windows 2000), youll need to purchase the Windows 8 System Builder. You won’t be able to keep any files, settings, or software programs when you install the new operating system.
Can I upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows 8?
If your PC has a 64 bit-capable processor (CPU) but is currently running a 32-bit version of Windows, you can install a 64-bit version of Windows 8. You also wont be able to keep any files, settings, or software programs when you upgrade from a 32-bit to a 64-bit version.
If I upgrade and select "keep nothing," how can I restore my files after the upgrade?
If youre running Windows Developer Preview or Windows 8 Consumer Preview when you upgrade, or if you choose the option to "keep nothing" when you upgrade, your files wont come with you to Windows 8. However, you might still be able to copy your files over after you upgrade. If you dont reformat your hard drive during installation, your files are saved to the Windows.old folder, where you can retrieve them after the upgrade.
If I change my mind, can I uninstall Windows 8 and go back to a previous version of Windows?
Not exactly - To go back to your previous version of Windows, youll need to format your hard drive and then reinstall the previous version of Windows from the recovery or installation media that came with your PC. Typically, this is on a DVD. If you don’t have recovery media, you might be able to create it from a recovery partition on your PC using software provided by your PC manufacturer. Check the support section of your PC manufacturer’s website for more info. After you install Windows 8, you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.
How can I tell if my devices (keyboards, mice, webcams) will work with Windows 8?
Windows 8 generally works with the same peripheral devices and apps that work with Windows 7. In some cases, a device or program might require an update. The best way to tell if your devices will work before you upgrade is to run Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, a free program that scans your current hardware, software programs, and devices for compatibility.
Be the first to write a product review
Shipping & Returns
These are SoftwareCW's Standard Shipping Policies applicable only to products purchased by you directly from SoftwareCW.
- If you ordered several items to be shipped to the same address, we may send them to you in separate boxes to give you the speediest service.
- Tracking is available for all orders.
- All of the items we sell are available for immediate shipment from our main warehouse or another regional warehouses across the United States. Orders will be processed and shipped within 1 business day.*
- Select items are available for international shipping. Please be aware buyer is responsible for all customs fees/taxes for international orders. These fees cannot be prepaid and we have no way of knowing how much these fees will be. You can contact your local customs office for more information. Also note, we cannot mark the package as "Gift" and will claim the actual order value on customs forms.
- We are able to ship to P.O. Boxes and APO/FPO address. However, please choose Standard Shipping if you are shipping to these types of addresses.
- We do not offer local pick up for items.
- We offer the following Shipping methods:
|Shipping Method||Destination||Estimated Delivery*||Cost|
|Shipping Method Standard Shipping||DestinationU.S.||Estimated Transit Time*1-8 Business Days||Cost Free|
|Shipping Method Expedited Shipping||DestinationU.S.||Estimated Transit Time*1-3 Business Days||Cost$4.99|
|Shipping Method Two Day Shipping||DestinationU.S.||Estimated Transit Time*1-2 Business Days||Cost $19.99|
|Shipping Method One Day Shipping||DestinationU.S.||Estimated Transit Time*1 Business Day||Cost $39.99|
|Shipping Method Standard International Shipping||DestinationCanada||Estimated Transit Time*6-10 Business Days||Cost $24.99|
|Shipping Method Expedited International Shipping||DestinationCanada||Estimated Transit Time*3-5 Business Days||Cost $39.99|
|Shipping Method Standard International Shipping||DestinationWorldwide||Estimated Transit Time*6-10 Business Days||Cost $29.99|
|Shipping Method Expedited International Shipping||DestinationWorldwide||Estimated Transit Time*3-5 Business Days||Cost $59.99|
*We make every effort to ship your product according to the estimated lead times. However, other factors such as verification of payment, your shipping location, and product availability, may cause some orders to be delayed. Remember that these estimates are for time in transit only, and that they do not apply until the product leaves our facilities. As the delivery of your order is beyond our control once your order leaves our facilities, we cannot assume liability for late deliveries, regardless of the Shipping method you specify.
These are SoftwareCW's Standard Return Policies applicable only to products purchased by you directly from SoftwareCW.
- All returns must be received within 30 days of receipt of item or the return will be voided. Please direct all concerns after 30 days to the manufacturer.
Products that are not eligible for return and
will be sent back to you at your cost and expense if received by
- Any product not purchased from SoftwareCW
- Any product without a valid,readable serial number, including but not limited to products with missing, damaged, altered, or otherwise unreadable serial number
- Any product from which the UPC code has been removed from its packaging
- Any product that exhibits physical damage
- Any product for which you have submitted a mail-in rebate
- Any product that is not manufacturer genuine
*SoftwareCW employs a strict quality control process for all returns. This includes verifying package contents and checking with the manufacturer to see if the product has been registered or activated. Products that have been activated, registered, damaged, or are otherwise unsellable are not eligible for return, will be shipped back to you and are subject to additional shipping charges and/or restocking fees. Once your return passes quality control your refund will be issued within 72 business hours.
Defective Returns - If you wish to return an item that is defective, you may do so for exchange with an identical item only, absolutely no refunds. Return shipping will be provided. Please contact us within 30 days of receipt. After 30 days, please direct all defect concerns to the Manufacturer.
Non-Defective Returns - If you wish to return an item for reasons other than a defect, you may return the item for a refund, less original shipping charges. All returned items must still be factory sealed. A 20% restocking fee will be deducted from the refund. Return shipping will be at buyers expense.